September 5, 2007

E-Mail Solution: sentenc.es

Mike Davidson is at it again, this time, providing a simple solution to e-mail. He recently launched sentenc.es which provides a low-fi way of responding to the hundreds of e-mail's that clog your inbox.

More than any other medium in the world, the time commitment difference between sender and receiver is huge. For instance, if you call me on the phone and we chat for 10 minutes, that’s 10 minutes of your time and 10 minutes of my time. If you write me a handwritten letter and I write you one back, that’s maybe 30 minutes of your time and 30 minutes of my time. If we exchange text messages, that’s 10 seconds from you and 10 seconds from me. But with email, often times the sender will ask two or three open-ended one sentence questions which elicit multi-paragraph answers. In these cases, the sender spends one minute and the receiver is asked, implicitly, to spend maybe an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment